Sunday, January 17, 2016

2016 Goals

That's the nice thing about yearly goals... you have all year to set them!

Hidden Blog may be scaled down from prior years, but I remain a goal-oriented guy. So, let's skim last year's goals and see which ones make the cut this year.

As always, I reserve the right to change or ignore them. :)

Physical Health

- Exercise/stretch 5+ days per week
- Body fat 14%
- Healthy knee
- Fruits/vegetables 5+ days per week
- Increased use of sunscreen and other skin care products
- Read 10 books

My recent ambitions toward a healthy knee include shifting from cardio to yoga, and also doing physical therapy exercises prescribed for me previously. I replaced the skin care goal with an old favorite, reading 10 books. I'd only removed it because for a while reading was so second-nature it didn't seem necessary to include it.

Financial Health

- Expenses below 2014 levels
- Improved tutoring records
- Set and meet a budget for 2016

Now that we're in the house, it's time to recalibrate expense targets since 2014 levels are no longer realistic. I'm off to a good start with the tutoring records, which were a total miss in 2015.

Community Engagement

- Volunteer for a new organization
- Develop and execute a marketing plan for tutoring

Last year set a new record for tutoring earnings. As long as it continues to grow, I don't see a need to push expansion. I'm settling into a routine of tutoring between the hours of 11-8 pm (except when library has shorter hours), and God's providing the students.

Personal Character And Leadership

- Blog thanks weekly
- Make 10 new acquaintances, including a mentoring relationship
- Lead condominium association projects, such as new driveway
- Arrive early/discipline

Now that the blog's scaled back, I still like the idea of recording the most interesting things that happened during the week as sort of a journal to reflect on later. I considered a couple possible mentors but no one who really had the combination of experience, optimism and open-mindedness that I feel I need to grow. Maybe I should mentor someone else. And nothing illustrates the difference a year makes more than the striking of the condominium goal.

No comments: