Sunday, February 6, 2011

Clothes Encounter

Doing some pre-spring cleaning of the closet, we pulled out my old suits. I bought four suits in 1994 when I started working full-time. A few years later Corporate went casual, so I've bought a total of one suit since then. I've worn a suit about ten times this century, mostly attributable to weddings and funerals. That might explain the dust layer on the shoulders. I pulled out my favorite (a relative term, since I avoid suits), a blue pin-striped number.

Couldn't even get the button to TOUCH the buttonhole, let alone clasp them together.

Look at the bright side. It took a bigger stomach to hold the food needed to build bigger muscles. Think how happy some Goodwill patron will be thanks to my extra eating. The next time I see a guy walking down Main street in a snappy, slightly faded gray suit, I'll give him a slap on the back, and a tissue to handle our mutual dust-coughing fit.

I may not be as lean as I once was, but my closet is leaner than ever. With one suit on the rack, my fashion decision-making hasn't been this easy since I was being schooled by nuns.

P.S. If you want me at your formal function, requests will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis. Please enclose your color scheme; it must not clash with tan.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You could of ripped the arms and seams out, painted yourself green, and been mistaken for the incredible hulk!!

(muscle not only weights more than fat, it also takes up more permanent room apparently!)