Sunday, January 20, 2013

Suns Of Beaches: The Week In Thanks

As we start to make travel plans for 2013, it's fabulous to be realize that we have family in both California and Texas. It's looking more like there will be a Freidinger family sojourn to somewhere warm and beachy toward the East Coast as well. 2013 is shaping up to be a summer boy's dream!

I've gotten encouragement from several friends to try out for a musical in March. I'd been on the fence - still am, really - but their support is causing me to invest some time studying the script.

Our basketball team went up to the Rockton Martin Luther King weekend tournament and won all four games (two sophomore, two varsity). Quite a turnaround from last year when we lost all five games. The bus ride home was much more joyful this year. Two more games apiece tomorrow.

For this weekend, at least, I'm glad not to be involved in a church. The tourney weekend is basically turning this two week period into a continuous work week as far as the demands on concentration and travel. This morning was about rising when my body was ready. Thanks God!

The work week contained among other things a scathing letter from a customer and a thorny problem with a software system. By week's end all things were on the mend or solved, which has lifted a mental burden from this weekend. I'm fortunate to have the team that I have, and the patience of my boss.

So excited to have our 15th wedding anniversary in March!

Dena's preparing for a MLK-day work event, and the experience under her belt from the last two years is making it easier for her. It's been great for her to have steady employment during this time.

It's been quiet as far as tutoring so far this semester, and that has actually been a gift. I've been able to put the break to good use.

The 20th of any month is always a happy one for me. The start of another successful week in a sunny-looking new year.

No comments: