Saturday, May 4, 2013

My Job, Described To A Six Year Old

"If you can't explain it to a six-year old, you don't understand it yourself." - Albert Einstein

Dena and I have known each other for 18 years and if you add up all of the minutes I've spent talking about my current day job, it might cover an hour. If I had a six-year old, what might I say?

"If daddy dies, then mommy needs money to help raise you. So daddy works with people who make sure that mommy would get enough money."

"Now every year, Mr. President also needs money to help run the country so we give him some of ours. But he says that if daddy died, then we wouldn't have to give him any of the money that mommy would get. That's because he knows that mommy needs it more than him. He's a nice man."

"But there are some bad people who take advantage of how nice Mr. President is. So Mr. President made rules to make sure those bad people give him some of the money. And daddy helps make sure that people follow those rules."

No comments: