Sunday, February 2, 2014

What 3 Words Would Others Use To Compliment You?

While attending a speech about self-mastery, the speaker asked us to jot down three words which others would say best describes you from among all the positive ones that might.

Here's what I jotted down quickly without much time to overanalyze:

1. Creative. I am blessed with some intelligence, if not so much quick-thinking or common sense; some musical ability, if not refined; it fuels my love for creating paragraphs, scenes, songs, visions, and plan designs from nothing or chaos, and people repeatedly return that love as a reflection that it's working.

2. Calm. At least externally. It certainly has some root in the slow-thinking, a little bit in the Irish temper; nothing reveals a fool as quickly as an excitable tongue. Thoughtful response, and God's quiet confidence that everything will be all right has served me well as a leader and teacher. Even the shyest students seem to come out of their shell with me; it's a ministry I'm honored to have.

3. Optimistic. Like a heartbeat, this needs exercise in order not to fade. Happy living is my most prized value. Hugs and smiles. Gratefulness.

How about you?

No comments: