Thursday, January 31, 2008

Creative Services

While I was walking through the office, I saw a display for people to add themselves to a database of employee talent to be used for our Creative Services Department. You fill out a card that asks what type of acting or modeling experience you've had. Then they have you hold a sign with your name handwritten on it, while they snap a couple photos. The bubbly young ladies who gave me the card led me behind a curtain where "Mike" the photographer lurked. Mike does not get out in the sun. He does not shave. He does not talk. I suspect that to him, I was a mannequin that happened to be moving.

So now every day is a lottery. I will sit at my desk, nerves tingling, ready for the call at any moment. Will someone need a voice over for their training video on parking lot safety? A face to play the part of "student #18" for a photo ad about college savings programs? Or maybe the starring role in "Carpal Tunnel: Healthy Tips for Healthy Wrists."

If you'll pardon me, gotta get back to shopping for an agent...

No comments: