Sunday, November 20, 2011

Tower Heist

I've occasionally found myself in the waiting room of the dentist's office with scant reading material. People magazine might be the best of the bunch. I read it, and it satisfies. Interesting stories and pictures. No lasting memories or especially brilliant moments, but enough to curiously keep my attention.

The movie Tower Heist was like that.

Eddie Murphy helps Ben Stiller and a collection of hotel employees recover their lost pension funds from the greedy hands of Alan Alda's Madoff-like character.

I can't say I've seen a movie quite like it. Comic enough to get us giggling a couple of times, and the plot is unique and paced well enough to brighten an otherwise duller Sunday afternoon.

Get it into your Netflix queue or snap it off the video store shelf when it comes out.

No comments: