Saturday, April 27, 2013

Domo "Caption This!" Game

Mom, Dena and I just played a game called Domo "Caption This!"

You receive a picture, a choice of three words (pick one to use in the caption), and the requirement to come up with a caption. Best-voted caption gets a point. Most points wins. Simple!

#1: Domo holding blue snake. Words: bar, plumbing, argh!
J: Argh! I said I wanted a blueberry SHAKE! (Alternate: Hey I found what was jammed in the plumbing!)
D: In preparation of his upcoming plumbing exam, Domo mistakenly thinks "snaking the drain" requires an actual snake. (Argh! Moses never told me what to do with my staff when it turns into a snake.)
M: Argh! This blue plumbing thing won't work.
Winner: Mom

#2: Domo raising arm while looking down at red snake looking up at him. A bear with pink umbrella stands out of focus in background. Words: balls, hate, trash
J: I hate when these things bite my man parts! (Hey bear! Keep your white trash pets off my lawn!)
D: And then the snake said, "Domo, you don't have the balls to punch me!" (To impress little yellow bear, Domo starts talking trash to the snake.)
M: I hate yellow bears with pink umbrellas.
Winner: Dena

#3: Domo off-balance on one leg, with big box for television set covering his eyes. Japanese art decorates the nearby walls. Words: slinky, whopper, love.
J: I love being in Japan, but the hats suck. (Hey emperor, I call this dance the whopper; Ah, so, kamisan, this hat so slinky).
D: I love playing Japanese Pictionary! And I'd love it more if I didn't have this box on my head.
M: Sniff, sniff. Domo lost his slinky.
Winner: Joe

#4: Domo with green scarf wrapped around his mouth. Words: ah ha, dire, rear.
J: Ah ha! When I cover my mouth, then bugs stop flying in.
D: Domo had an "ah ha" moment when he realized his muffler was muffling his screams. (This scarf is doing wonders for my face, but my rear feels liek a block of ice!)
M: Yuck! Someone's been wearing this on their rear.
Winner: Mom

#5: Domo standing in snow with scarf wrapped around his face. In near view, out of focus, a blue snake protrudes from the snow straight up, with head reared back and mouth open. Words: stupid, stick, sneak.
J: Your screams are music to my ears, worthless stick. (I could watch you suffer all day, wretched stick; Bet I could sneak a stick down his throat.)
D: You know snake, you'd have better luck on the sneak attack if you didn't scream your head off.
M: That stupid stick is trying to sneak up on me.
Winner: Dena

#6: Domo on couch, with bowl of rice in one hand, chopsticks held aloft in the other, and rice grains scattered all about his face. Words: karate, dump, nail.
J: If you keep making fun of my eating disorder I'll dump this rice right down your cornhole. (My karate training has perfected my ability to aim; Quit laughing at me or I'll nail you to the wall with these chopsticks.)
D: After a hard day of karate, I always recharge with a tasty bowl of rice! Yum!
M: Domo's not eating in this dump again.
Winner: Joe

#7: Domo sits on floor with hands on floor at sides, and one leg raised in the air. Bunny sits on mat just behind him with arms crossed. Words: weight, fear, blind.
J: I hear your screams of fear but I am not putting the snakes back in the cage.
D: Fear the bunny, saith Domo.
M: I've gained so much weight that I can't get my foot in my mouth.
Winner: Mom

#8: Domo sits with a baseball-gloved hand raised, and a soccer ball balanced on his head. Words: shoulder, explosive, master.
J: I love to play but have yet to master the rules. (Throw me the ball or I'll detonate this explosive soccer grenade.)
D: Domo offends spectators in TWO sports with his explosive outbursts.
M: Hey dummy, I said put the ball on my shoulder.
Winner: Mom

#9: Domo stands in background, out-of-focus. Yellow bear in foreground is blowing petals off of a flower. Words: hole, crunch, chocolate.
J: Oh just yank the damn things off already, I'm under a time crunch here! (Hey little bear, I'll bet you taste like chocolate; Will you please quit blowing those flowers and get me out of this hole?)
D: Hey! Why don't you come over here and sample THIS chocolate?
M: Domo, it seems I've stepped on a chocolate bunny.
Winner: Joe

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm just impressed you remember all the commentary from the game to put into a blog post!