Sunday, April 12, 2015

April Showers Of Success - The Week In Thanks

April has brought far more clear skies than showers.

I'm glad that Dirty Rotten Scoundrels is behind, but surprisingly fond of the fruits it bore. As the shows went on I received more individual positive feedback than I can ever recall.

The extra non-theater time has allowed me to help needy math students. This week I learned that one student who'd failed calculus last year recently scored an 89% on the same test that he failed last semester. A statistics student has raised his grade from a D to an 86%.

Dena and I got to enjoy an out-of-town weekend with perfect weather. It was our first getaway in a while, one that wasn't as possible during rehearsals. We dined out, watched cable TV, sat outside and snacked, visited museums. It was a clear and refreshing reminder of the coming summer and the beauty of leisurely life.

I served as election judge for a quiet election. We were lucky to have a veteran crew when the polling place turned out to be locked at our 5:15am starting time, we still got up and running on time. During the down time I was able to get a ton of backlogged paperwork caught up, further excavating myself from the theater experience.

Being self-employed has allowed me the freedom to do these getaways and judging adventures. Mornings I wake up and incant first thing how blessed I am to have the vocation and freedom that I do.

Last night we came in second place in a fund raising trivia contest. We had no expectations going in, and pleasantly discovered competence. We won theater tickets and even came out on top in a couple of silent auction bid items. I won some free legal counsel - you can never be too careful yeah?

Coming home to Cupcake after our trip was as delightful as ever. She loves to climb fences and dash madly about the house. I'm glad that our kitten enjoys exercise so much, and that we have the time to share it with her.

The fantasy basketball team has been absolutely on cruise control to first place for the last two months. This has been a tremendous gift during these last couple busy months.

Easter was enjoyable as I finally got to participate in two Masses for the first time in months, and popped into Dena's family dinner for an hour in between. It was the perfect kind of busy.

Random happy thoughts - the way to get back into full-blown thankfulness mode.

No comments: