Friday, April 10, 2015

Churching Your Day

"Church is not a noun. It's a verb. It can be friends gathering around a meal, talking about the things that matter most, building each other up. That's a lot bigger than 11 a.m. on Sunday." - Rob Bell

Amen! The reason I go to church these days has little to do with the Bible or religion directly. I'm actually attending more church services now (two a week) then ever. Why? Because of the people I attend with. The ministry of the contemporary band engages me with wonderful people like Doug Micklich, Mike Lieder, Leroy Janke, Stevie Manuel, Karen Williamson, Becca Macak, Shelby Miller, Sean and Jennifer Stevens and their families. We provide a musical service, a small piece of inspiration, to the masses amid the adventure of their week. Mainly, I believe, because we provide personal support to each other. That's church!

No comments: