Sunday, April 26, 2015

Something Old, Something New: The Week In Thanks

The crusade to get back on track with thankfulness posts continues. Not that there's been any shortage of things to be grateful for!

On one hand, the tutoring business has continued to solidly average 20 hours a week, even net of cancellations. The end-of-semester swell has begun, with ISU finals starting May 2. Still, I was graced by circumstances that basically gave me a three-day weekend with only one session on each of Friday and today.

My debut at substitute teaching went smoothly enough, and I now seems to be on the official list of subs to call for NCHS. If that happens, I 'd at last be able to pay down the cost of getting registered, and hopefully do a good enough job to go into next semester.

The Epiphany band (which remains nameless at this point) continues to be a delightful outlet of creativity, fun and encouragement. And apparently blessed by God, as I had two cancellations on Thursday night which allowed me to attend a rescheduled rehearsal I'd otherwise have been forced to miss. The "Amazing Parish" conference attended by several parish leaders has added another layer of enthusiasm to the church.

Had a tremendous outing with some friends to see Austin Travis and Joel Shoemaker's play in Eureka. It was held in the theater that used to be the basketball gym my dad played his scholarship days in, back in the 1950s.

I had productive sessions with a physical therapist at the Sports Enhancement Clinic the last few weeks, so am on a routine of exercises to continue to address strengthening my knee.

We went to see Colin Mochrie and Brad Sherwood at Peoria, always a hoot! Another way in which the end of Dirty Rotten Scoundrels has allowed us to spend more time together.

Random shout-out of the week goes to Rosie Hauck, my DRS partner in crime who's go-get-'em attitude toward life not only raised my productivity but also nearly led our trivia team to victory in the Community Players Theatre fund raiser.

No comments: