Tuesday, June 30, 2015

2015 Goals Update

Last month's GPA: 2.68. Current GPA: 3.32.

Physical Health

Exercise/stretch 5+ days per week (Grade: A)
Biking, weight lifting, some stretching, even doing a yoga class this summer. 

Body fat 14% (Grade: A)
Check.

Healthy knee (Grade: B)
No magic turning point yet, but the knee exercises have helped and it has been months since I had any upper-tier pain, probably due to avoidance.

Fruits/vegetables 5+ days per week (Grade: A)
Check.

Increased use of sunscreen and other skin care products (Grade: A)
Some kind of product most every day!

Financial Health

Expenses below 2014 levels ($31,000) (Grade: A)
With a big caveat that I am considering the house to be a capital improvement and not an ordinary expense, this is still well on track, below $10,000 at the halfway point.

Improved tutoring records (Grade: D)
I upgraded this to D only because I am up to date on my entries for the year under the old system, and have developed a system for tracking the group tutoring I'm doing this summer out of necessity. It still needs to improve in terms of tracking expenses, mileage, etc.

Community Engagement

Volunteer for a new organization (completed June) (Grade: A)
Jumped from F to A by volunteering at Eastview Christian Church for the first time, helping with their stage design changeover.

Develop and execute a marketing plan for tutoring (Grade: B)
Working with another tutor I discovered how to use a phone camera to enable two-way tutoring, a major breakthrough. I need to continue to explore this.

Personal Character And Leadership

Blog thanks weekly (Grade: C)
So-so on this one. 

Make 10 new acquaintances, including a mentoring relationship (Grade: A)
Now that I'm in Hairspray and am on a LMC subcommittee, I've hit the new acquaintances goal easily. I'm still working on the mentoring relationship.

Lead condominium association projects, such as new driveway (completed January) (Grade: A)

Arrive early/discipline (Grade: C-)
I've mostly arrived on time... as for early, not too often.

Update Wardrobe (completed June) (Grade: A)
Bought a new suit and tailored an old one. Bought several new pants for work. New sunglasses. Even my underwear and socks got an overhaul.

Summary

Considering all the time invested in house-shopping, this is a dramatically successful month!

3 comments:

dyoung said...

Love your updates, and rating of yourself. Keep up the good work. You are a great inspiration! :)

yahoo helpline said...

Very nice,,Thanks for sharing..

dyoung said...

Missing your posts!