Sunday, June 28, 2015

The Opposite Of Miserable(s): The Week In Thanks

Yesterday we had gorgeous weather for the first time in what feels like a month. I'm a fan of rain, and the grass and creeks have been feasting on the endless smorgasbord of drizzles through monsoons. But I'm a bigger fan of the sun. As the Fourth of July approaches, our pool cleaning company was finally able to apply some of the closing touches of paint to its floor.

After 13 years in the role, we have found someone who is glad to assume the role of bookkeeper for the condominium association. I've greatly enjoyed the opportunity to contribute to the neighborhood, and just as satisfied to transition this to a highly competent person who can help maintain the strong tradition of financial health here.

I nudged into first place in fantasy baseball this week, the culmination of a long slow climb from a once-unthinkable distance. About half the season remains, and I have some up-and-coming talent on the way soon to further boost the outlook. Meanwhile the Cubs continue their winning ways, especially in extra-inning games, as we fans bask in the halo of the surge. And oh yes, the Blackhawks won the Stanley Cup for the third time in six years!

This week's shout-out goes to Wendi Fleming, my friend and agent who also coordinated multiple theater trips this summer. Thanks to herI got to see Les Miserables for the first time. So now, like eating chocolate or seeing a baseball game, I can say I've done it as billions of others have.

Hairspray rehearsals have been productive and fun; last week we ran Nicest Kids in Town, Corny Collins' signature song.

The new Leadership McLean County class of 2016 has been selected, yet another talented and energetic group that will be graced by a tremendous community experience. This year I'm helping to coordinate the formal leadership skill training component and have met some remarkable people so far to help out.

While visiting with a fellow tutor we discovered how to hook up a conference using the video feed of a phone. This opens the door for complete virtual tutoring, which I've had my eye on not only as a fallback plan in case the library was unavailable, but for potential expansion to the coasts. Whenever a new frontier in business opens up, it's time to dream!

Like many, I have homosexual friends who were thrilled by the recent legal affirmation of equality in the United States by the Supreme Court. I'm happy for them and for America.

There's no better 30-day window than the month between my birthday and the first day of summer. We're still seeing tints of red in the sky at 8:30 at night, taking Cupcake for walks in shorts under the stars, going out for Blizzards at Dairy Queen.

1 comment:

Asim said...

Love to read it,Waiting For More new Update and I Already Read your Recent Post its Great Thanks.order modalert