Sunday, February 3, 2008

Snow Day

Earlier this week one of my co-workers asked me if I thought I'd get bored in retirement someday.

Thursday's overnight forecast called for 6-12 inches of snow, meaning that there was a chance that my Leadership McLean County session might be cancelled. Now I'm as much of a morning person as Dracula is, but on this day I had no problem waking myself in time for the 6 a.m. school closing reports. And after hearing that LMC was indeed cancelled for the day, I had no problem staying awake and celebrating. A full day of Madden football, Law and Order, fantasy sports, and e-mail.

From time to time I look way down the line, to the days when my legs will be too weak to carry me, when the only person who visits me is the nurse. I pray that I'll still have my sight, voice, and hearing. And it'll be worthwhile to prepare for that as happy time. Sooner or later, we come to a stop. In the meantime, why not practice enjoying some times of rest?

No comments: