Sunday, March 15, 2009

Solo, So High

"Chanting is as holy as listening to the murmur of a stream, counting prayer beads as sacred as simply breathing, religious robes as spiritual as work clothes." - Lao-Tsu

That seems to be a principle that many can get behind - that spirituality can be practiced anytime, anywhere, anyhow.

Over time I've learned that I'm more spiritual individually than in large groups. So as I was showering this morning, preparing mentally to help lead worship at Calvary, I also felt a pull to spend some time in private spiritual refreshment by counting the many blessings of this last week.

A church with shower prayer as its main form of service wouldn't last long. But I've been most at peace when I find myself regularly using the small moments throughout the week to give thanks.

No comments: