Sunday, March 8, 2009

Working On A Sunday

Since LMC is this Friday, I decided to head into the office and put in a full work day today, rather than doing four 10-hour days Monday through Thursday. Those ten-hour days tended to run toward 8:00 or 9:00 at night due to other afternoon commitments that I needed to slip briefly away for.

In some circles working on Sunday is a no-no, but this morning I did ponder many things I have to be thankful for of late, to get myself properly centered.

- This week at work I had successful interactions with a couple of executives, including to help one manage a particularly stressful situation. Another time I was called into a national conference call in order to help ease some tension around the same situation. In delivering my annual performance review, my boss said that I had a way of "taking the edge off" of difficult situations, which seemed a fitting cap.

- It was a good week of exercise... lifted more weight and burned more calories than in any previous week this year. On Saturday I could not only feel myself performing better physically, but for the first time in a month I didn't hurt my back doing so.

- LMC's Steering Committee meeting, subsequent conversations, and Friday happy hour went well.

- It's been 60 degrees and daylight saving time just kicked in!

The walk to my car will be sweet.

No comments: