Sunday, January 5, 2014

White Post-Christmas: The Week In Thanks

Today is an easy day to give thanks. 5-8 inches of snow were pouring down as I woke up; this is not the thankful part. Here goes:

- My newly-bought Honda Civic passed its first test with flying colors, skidding a mile to church.
- I was the only band vocalist who could beat the elements. Our bare-bones band did a fantastic job playing for the 100 or so people who made it to attend. So it ended up feeling like a personal concert, the first time I'd soloed at a church in about ten years.
- My voice was in surprisingly good shape despite our 4-hour rehearsal last night for our first live concert next week. Or maybe it was because of the rehearsal... might've loosened the vocal chords since I don't normally sing a lot during the week.
- The snow plow arrived at our condo just before I got home, so I got a prime parking spot.
- Dena's got a big pot of chili, scented candles and coffee going. It's an ideal day to hunker down with Netflix and Cupcake for a long winter's nap after a hot bath.
- Basketball coaches are texting a lot today since there's no practice tomorrow.
- I got a new tutoring referral that I'm planning to send to my partner-in-tutoring, our first one.

No comments: