Sunday, March 29, 2015

Only... If You Leave

"And so as the pigeons say farewell to Beaumont Sur Mer, a new flock comes home to roost." - Andre Thibault

Dirty Rotten Scoundrels taught me some powerful lessons about the role of theater in my life going forward.

The energy it's consumed has left little ambition for blogging as much as I'd like, so I feel a sense of rising excitement as we head into today's final show.

Like all adventures there is too much to be thankful for to list. Some of the most significant influences:

Aimee Kerber who directed me with encouragement and made me a better performer, especially as a drunk.

Rosie Hauck who danced... and danced... and danced with me until it became like we'd been dancing our whole lives. We were naturally joined at the hip and she's become yet another dear theater friend.

Dave Montague who proved himself to be the best possible guy to lose a role to. His spirit of encouragement and perfectionism throughout made him a joy to walk beside.

Jen Maloy, for the humbling and touching words in your card.

Josh McCauley, one of my newest theater friends. It always helps when you have much in common, and I'm not just being cliquish with a fellow Irishman here, but he was a light in what was a dark show for me.

Bridgette Richard, who taught me to dance, invited the whole State Farm actuarial department, and encouraged us from start to finish.

And but of course "I have often been grateful for the power of the mild antihistamine."

For all the ways that theater has kept me young these last three years, and until the theater flame begins to burn again, I am blessed and thankful for this memorable chapter.

No comments: