Friday, August 3, 2007

Back to the Sidelines

After some lingering back irritation for about 4 weeks, I've been diagnosed with a pelvic mal-alignment which will require some physical therapy. My general understanding is that it involves 4-6 1-hour treatments over the course of a few weeks, though the therapist will determine for sure. My initial appointment is August 15, could be sooner depending on cancellations. I would imagine that I'll not be participating in any sports until mid-September at the earliest. Though the injury's typically created by a fall or similar trauma, I suspect that I've had this condition for about ten years since it's flared up every couple of years during that time (but never for this long). I'm glad to have a diagnosis and am looking forward to being "better than ever."

No comments: