Saturday, August 4, 2007

Score Bored

This has been the most prolific day in Hidden Blog's short history. The swarm of entries has less to do with inspiration than sheer down time. It's a sultry, overcast day in Normal, perfect for a little indoor fun 'n games. So here's a rundown of some game highlights from the last 24 hours.

NBA Live 2006: I used the edit-a-player function of this video game to turn the 7'6" underachiever Shawn Bradley into a godlike monster who dominates every facet of the game. I stuck him on the lowly Atlanta Hawks and crushed the Detroit Pistons 334-167. Once it became clear that it'd be a blowout, I set a secondary goal of doubling the Piston's point total. During a frenzied final minute, the Hawks ran off 13 points, including Bradley's 3-pointer as time expired. For a different challenge, I played a game where Bradley did nothing but shoot 3-pointers. 105 treys and 327 points later, Bradley took a seat among the immortals.

Text Twist: 147,740 points. I timed myself to see how quickly I could get 50,000 points, and pulled it off in 31 minutes. Vocabulary word for the day: divan: a sofa, or a council in the Middle East.

Fantasy Baseball: Pure Hustle IX is facing a run from the 2nd place contender Willman. The lead is 105 - 100.5. In the other league, Test is in a three-way struggle for 2nd place with 81.5 points, in 4th place, 2 points out of 2nd and 15 out of first.

Ultimate Fan Contest: Over 2,700 contestants ended up competing in round 1. There was a semi-finalist chosen from Normal, but my run's over -- at least for this year!

No comments: