Monday, August 20, 2007

Catch the Right Train(ing)

While reading a research paper on leadership training, I liked the following phrase:

"Just in time learning is more practical than just in case training." So the next time someone encourages you to go to a meeting and your mind says "What's the point?" your lips now have something more poetic to say.

Retention, according to a study, found that one week after training we retain

10% of what we simply hear
25% of what we then write down
50% of what we then pass on to others (i.e. teach)
80% of what we then actually do

So please write me back as to what you think about this. There's a 50% chance that I'll know what you're talking about.

2 comments:

Lina said...

HELLO!!!
Beautiful the profile of yours blog. Sin that I do not understand your language. I am Italian. I would have a lot wished to read yours critti, but it has made equally it appeal to me to us it come. You want to visit mine blog. it would make it appeal to that to me milasciassi me a print of your passage in mine blog. therefore in the festifità we could ourselves be exchanged the auguries. what you say? FROM THE!!!! you come. .ti aspect Thanks and soon

Joe McDonald said...

Thanks lina! I couldn't have said it better myself. I visited your blog and have seldom seen such an artistic blend of Italian melodies and exclamation points. Best wishes, and spread the word to Country Joe's European cronies that Hidden Blog has officially invaded the continent!