Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Faith Organization

From time to time we discuss merging different departments at work. Often in these situations there can be differing opinions on the right answer. Since people's morale and the company's productivity are at stake, the conversations carry unusual importance. Since negotiation/debate is not a strong suit of mine, the prospect of the talks are uneasy. I caught myself at home, distracted, thinking about the right questions to ask and right principles to express.

In that moment, I decided that God's plan was going to unfold regardless of my planning. Regardless of the business decision that was made, the most important outcome would be my pleasant attitude. At the meeting I found myself calm, patiently listening to the points raised, and asking questions impartially. The results turned out better than I'd hoped!

No comments: