Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Jake!

I just got in touch with my old college roommate Jake!

You've got to understand that I had the best fortune in my roommates, for all the potential peril that can happen. But Jake... was my first. :) Together, he and I hung together and kept our grades up during that transitional first year away from home. We studied hard but played hard too... we both learned to play tennis together (and one time during a tornado watch). Jake tried several majors and served as president of the student club at the Catholic Newman Center. And we just had a lot of fun - senseless, silly fun that kicked off my ongoing love of dorm living (and nowadays, condo living). Together we watched the Super Bowl, played Tecmo Bowl, and invented a game of tennis ball basketball that was more like Bozo buckets. I could go on for pages.

Now he's got his doctorate in psychology and working at the University of Missouri in Kansas City. When you're out of touch with someone like that for so many years, it's like finding buried treasure.

No comments: