Saturday, July 4, 2009

The Fuel Of Common Passion

"In putting together a team, it is important that the leader not be the sole passion-provider for that team. you have to find others who feel the dame way as you do. This is one reason I surround myself with assistant coaches who are equally motivated. During videotape sessions and scouting reports that often last all night, my assistants and I continually find strength and inspiration in each other's drive toward our common goal." - Mike Krzyzewski

Years ago the book "Purpose-Driven Life" was a top-seller. What sense that makes... to find our calling and immerse ourselves in it. And it wouldn't surprise me if often times the real substance of our passion is the people who come along with it, like Krzyzewski and his assistants. Doing something together, it'd seem, trumps most things that are done alone.

No comments: