Sunday, February 19, 2012

Hearts And Haikus: A Lovely Week Of Thanks


Dena and I enjoyed our 17th Valentine's Day together this year.

A poem of thanks!

How about haikus instead.

Thanks God, you da man
I am so much better now
With Dena around

Thanks Mom and Dad M.
My genes must be attractive
Or her eyesight's bad

Thanks Mom and Dad F.
You taught her how to handle
A guy growing up

Thanks little bro Jack
Absorbing all my torment
Out of my system

Thanks ISU
You brought us all together
Then bulldozed my dorm :(

Thanks prior girlfriends
Putting up with my blunders
Till I got it right

Thanks trusty Saturn
I drive her around a lot
And we haven't crashed

Thanks John and Rosann
Guess you were right after all
Blind dates ain't too bad

State Farm Insurance 
Thanks too. Unemployed people
Make lousy husbands

Oh, thanks God, again
We're both healthy and happy
That's no accident

Thanks local Kroger
Scented candle, candy hearts
Good call on that one

No comments: