Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Living The Dream

"My brother, Joe McDonald, is 40, in great health, extremely successful, and spends his days doing exactly what he wants, which frequently involves teaching, coaching, or otherwise donating himself and his time to others. Just wanted to give a shout-out to a really impressive guy. Here's to you, Broseph!" - Jack McDonald, Facebook

Awww!

One of my new year's resolutions was to dream daily, and today it was clearly in focus. I strolled out to the car to grab something at 6:30 a.m. after a restful and early night's sleep. The sun was just waking up itself, the sky was blue and clear, the air was cool but warming up toward a perfect day to sit on the deck and read for a couple hours before coaching basketball camp and later, to do some summer math tutoring with a new student. God willing, within a few years this dream will be a daily reality. It's hard not to smile from ear to ear when thinking about that. If for no other reason than I'll also be spending more time with the lovely lady who added this comment to Jack's post:

"I'm inclined to agree, although I'm slightly biased." - Dena McDonald

No comments: