Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Enjoying The Little Breaks

I drove onto my employer's property yesterday morning with the usual sense of anticipation. Or perhaps with a smidge more anxiety than usual, based on a couple of important meetings that I'd be running.

As I turned into the parking garage, incredibly, the car that occupied the very first spot was pulling out. The shady prize was even sweeter because the mercury was pushing 100 degrees that day. I try to wear a smile in the front door everyday as a matter of personal routine, but the good luck made it even easier.

The whole day went on to be a string of success after success, and even though I was working, tutoring and acting for 13 straight hours I got home with energy to spare. I'd likely have had a good day no matter what, but I appreciated what felt like a little peek of a gift from God in that parking lot to set it all in motion.

No comments: