Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Tuesday Motivation: Momentum

Resist the snowflakes that would settle into the beginning of an avalanche.

A couple of weeks ago some back pain flared up. It was a little difficult to walk. Still, I decided to go through my weight lifting routine... lunges, push ups, jumps with barbells. It went just fine.

Yesterday my knee ached for some unknown reason. Almost felt like I'd sprained a ligament in there, weird since the flare-up had begun on Sunday (my only off-day from exercise of the week). Still, I decided to lift. It went just fine.

There are so many tempting reasons not to exercise. The world is filled with an increasing number of obese people. Health - in fact, life - is so much about momentum for better or worse. Failure, bankruptcy, addiction, depression can all be caused or aided by an accumulation of initially harmless things. Fortunately, so can a long streak of success.


No comments: