Sunday, July 22, 2012

God Allows Bad Things To Happen?

While singing in a church band today I heard the priest say during the sermon that "God doesn't cause bad things to happen, he allows them to happen." At first I struggled to find the difference. Then I realized that the way I live tends to be like that. Whether it's family, friend or co-worker... I'm one to live and let live, to enable learning through trial and error, to let actions bring their consequences. I'm okay allowing "bad" things to happen, meaning that if someone makes a decision I find questionable, I'm disinclined to push them toward my way of thinking.

Now if I were omnipotent, I might manage things differently. Then again, I'm so thankful not to be micromanaged by a higher power... I just might behave in just the same way.

No comments: