Sunday, July 1, 2012

Hidden Blog's 5 Year Anniversary

Today's the day.

Five years ago I started Hidden Blog with the whimsical goal of catching up to Country Joe McDonald on "Joe McDonald" Google searches. It was actually just a personal outlet for creativity, and the mental health of journaling some fun things that I could look back on in the years to come.

I might have guessed that a few family and friends might stumble upon it. Probably wouldn't have guessed that it would eventually be read over a hundred times a day by people around the world (or so the Blogger stats tell me). It has been amazing and humbling on occasion when a friend tells me that something I wrote brightens their day, especially when I had no idea they knew that Hidden Blog exists.

"If you act enthusiastic, you will be enthusiastic." The act of writing about fun, love and good life has had immeasurable psychological rewards for me, and hopefully for Hidden Bloggers as well. I pray that it keeps feedin' what you're needin'. In the words of that inaugural post... Let's go!

No comments: