Saturday, September 22, 2012

Happiness Promise #8: Improving

"Promise to give so much time to improving yourself that you have no time to criticize others."

Yesterday I was e-mailing a friend and began to tell a juicy story at the expense of someone else.

I got halfway into it, and could sense my energy flagging.

This is not who I am anymore.

You get what you give.

Be respectful to be respectable.

DELETE!

Later, a thought about a challenge at work crossed my mind.

I squelched it by turning my attention to the sunny fall Saturday out my window.

Sweeping those mental toxins off the table is a pathway to my peace.

Lately I've been trying to multitask by doing stretching exercises while watching T.V.

It's been an effective way to mix pleasure in with something otherwise pretty dull but important.

An empty vase will fill with dust and grime, unless we fill it with water and flowers.

The empty mind will fill with destructive thoughts, unless we fill it with better ones.

No comments: