Thursday, September 13, 2012

Learning For Tomorrow

I was offered a job this week.

There's a tutoring center called "Learning For Tomorrow" out near the bank where Dena works.

One day, while in the plaza, I stuck my head in just to ask about the place, and spoke with the office manager.

By the end of the day, I'd submitted contact information via e-mail and a little about me.

That was a year ago.

Today I got a call from the owner.

The LFT center had lost its math tutor and was in a bind.

Would I be interested in helping, starting next week?

The benefits are promising. I'd be working with students from elementary school up through college.

It would push my tutoring hours up into the neighborhood of ten per week.

It's likely only a short-term contract, since I won't have time to help once basketball season starts.

But the experience is exciting.

Plus, as I've come to say about most of my recent personal and professional adventures, there's always a chance that the most important benefit is that it will reveal an open door to another adventure. The last five or so years of my life are filled with examples like that.

Networking is so valuable, and this is a golden chance to grow it.

Away we go!

No comments: