Thursday, September 13, 2012

Where's Your Open Door?

I was walking out of my building yesterday.

Ahead of me was a typical glass door that you push in order to exit.

Right next to it was an automated door.

In between me and those two doors was another employee on his way home.

The automated door had recently been used by some now unseen person, so it was wide open. The hinges were holding it in place for several seconds.

Still, the man in front of me went to the trouble of exiting through the closed door.

All he had to do was veer a little off his normal routine.

All he had to do was look up and realize that an easier path lay ahead for him.

But he didn't.

I wonder how many elements of my life I spend going through the same motions I did yesterday?

What avenues of better life lie ahead, easily within my reach, that I'm simply ignoring out of habit?

Today's a good day to look around for an open door.

No comments: