Sunday, February 10, 2013

Off The Emotional Fence

"The word 'emotion' stands for 'energy in motion.' Be truthful about your emotions and use your mind and your emotions in your favor, not against yourself. Be an observer, not a reactor, to your emotions. Most people do not know it is their emotions that are doing the thinking. Your emotions are your emotions, but you have got to do your own thinking."

Suppose that I sit upright on a bench. Behind me is an electric fence. As I tire, I slump backward against the fence and life becomes very unpleasant. My mind knows that all I have to do is straighten up and it will pass. But for some reason, I ignore that knowledge and stew in my predicament, cursing the fence.

I will tire and slip at some point. The key is to use my God-given reasoning to get back on track without a whimper, enjoying life straight up.

No comments: