Sunday, March 10, 2013

Freedom Writer: The Week In Thanks

I work up this morning with several options to choose from to fill my day.

I could play a whole bunch of FIFA soccer on my PlayStation. That's what I did yesterday, soaring to a still-undefeated season thus far by dominant margins with the top seven goal-scorers in the league. It's an anchor to my youth that may always be there, and this interim period between basketball and theater leaves long stretches of time for leisure like this.

There's a stack of sports and health magazines waiting for me to settle into the couch and read, as well as some investment reports and some bills. Sunday evenings are often when I get my spark to do this.

I'll be tutoring one student this afternoon, as my other two Sunday regulars are on spring break. It's my only obligation outside of the house today. A nice excuse to get showered and shaved.

Our wedding anniversary is less than two weeks away... time to think of little things to make it extra fun for our 15th.

With baseball season starting on March 31, I've been studying and accumulating stat projections for the last week. I could tinker with my formulas and estimated dollar values some more.

Auditions for 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee are one week from today! I've had ear buds on for a major part of the last couple nights, drilling songs into my head. It'll soon be time to jump back into the speaking lines to develop my character.

But first off, it's time to catch up on some blogging!

I know I miss out on many joys of parenting, but this freedom - to have so many fun creative projects and pastimes to choose from, in any order I'd like - is the calling that brings me great peace. God's given me the gifts and circumstances to be here.

Another week of work with enough accomplishment and few enough crises to call a success. My career plan is moving along smoothly, and tomorrow's a significant milestone that brings a smile to my face.

Today will be about reading, reflecting, and sharing whatever wisdom or humor I might find. Hopefully wherever you are today, you have a moment to enjoy or reshape your future.

No comments: