Sunday, March 10, 2013

Springing Ahead

It's official!

The sun will be above the horizon comfortably past six o'clock this afternoon (possibly obscured by clouds, but it's the principle of the thing).

The days will be getting longer for at least another three full months.

Soon I'll gaze out to the pool deck and see a sun-gleaming deck. And a chilly one.

During winter I rarely bother to look at the temperature forecast. Whatever it is, I'll be meeting it in a coat, hood, hat and gloves.

That March afternoon sunshine, though... brings the prospect of a gently warm outdoor lounge for reading and drifting my cares away.

Arguably the most important positive legislative development of the last ten years has been the expansion of daylight savings time. I'm usually not a one-issue voter, but any platform to repeal it would be the end of his or her election chances for me.

Come on 60 degrees!

No comments: