Saturday, July 27, 2013

Elevator Pitch

In my small business roundtable group through the McLean County Chamber of Commerce I set a goal this month of developing a so-called "elevator pitch" for my math tutoring business - basically a 60-second well-rehearsed speech you can use to introduce and interest someone in your business.

Here goes:

My name's Joe McDonald, and my business is Bloomington-Normal Math Tutoring. Do you know anyone who could use help with math? I tutor students in junior high and above in algebra, geometry, calculus and other math subjects including the ACT. Math's easy to fall behind in, and teachers may not always have the time to give individual attention, so my goal is to help. My motto is "greater comfort, greater confidence, greater scores," and one of my favorite experiences these last five years was helping a trigonometry student get from a C to an A. The first hour with me is always free, so that we can start heading where you want to be.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know the guy at JMP radio group if you want to launch your own radio ad. And experts online thru WEEK TV....I could help you market:) lol. Of course- you could start with making your own free Facebook page to get the word out...!