Tuesday, December 31, 2013

2014 Goals

It's the first year of what I'd call "Phase 3" of my life. Phase 1 were my school years, Phase 2 were my working years. Phase 3 is for what? Adventure? Play? Rebirth? It will be whatever God and I make of it. Here are my first steps. I may modify them as the year goes on:

Exercise/Stretch 5+ Days a Week, Body Fat 12%

Health first! I've kept this one for several years, though I have to figure out a way to measure the body fat. This year I'm adding "stretching" to it for the first time since flexibility is more important with each passing year.

Healthy Elbow, Eyes, Teeth

This is sort of a sub-goal of the previous one, but foundational enough to justify the separation. I've accumulated some aches in the last year that have slowed me down.

Tutor 300 Hours

This ought to fund some extra fun and keep my creative ambition exercised. I'd like to increase my daytime hours (i.e. college) and possibly decrease my evening hours so that I can explore more activities, maybe get back into the theater. I'd like to partner up with other tutors if possible.

Blog Thanks Weekly

Journaling continues to help keep my mind and peace healthy by practicing gratefulness and optimism.

Make 10 New Acquaintances

This goal is part social health, part adventure. New acquaintances keep life fresh and exciting, as well as teaching me lessons.

Clean House

This is a catch-all for a few things. Our basement wall needs a good scrubbing. A major project to repair driveway/carports will improve our property greatly. My wardrobe and files need an overhaul. A cleaner home is a launching pad for the fresh start that is 2014.

Happy New Year Hidden Bloggers! Thanks to God for the gift of another year and a future of wonderful possibility.

No comments: