Monday, December 9, 2013

Thanks # 1: Spelling Bee

As the year winds down I've decided to post randomly about things I'm blessed with this year.

25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee. For a long time I was unsure if I liked this play. In the end, it was the chance to work with Brett Cottone and Wendy Baugh again that tipped the scales. It was by far the right decision! I could write many paragraphs about each of my cast and crew mates. From top to bottom it was an energetic, kind, talented and immensely cohesive group that entertained hundreds of people, laughing all the way. I would gladly do another dozen performances of this.

Even if I never do another Community Players show, it's been a terrific chapter in my life and was a light during a more stressful point in my State Farm career. I often sing Hairspray and Spelling Bee songs in my head or the shower because it takes me back to a joyous and peaceful place.

No comments: