Saturday, December 21, 2013

Thanks #13: Central Illinois Weather

Today there's a freezing rain advisory. The roads will be sprinkled by snow and then turn occasionally to ice.

Big deal!

I'll drive a little slower, a little shorter. But you know what?

My drinking water isn't restricted by drought.
My front door isn't blocked by five feet of snow.
The foundation of my house won't be rocked by earthquake.
The basement won't be flooded.
Hurricanes won't strike.
Wildfires will not sweep through.

Even tornadoes, the scourge of the Midwest, are rare in our town.

We get the joy of a warming spring, and the brief color explosion that is autumn, with plenty of sunshine time in the summer.

Sure I could design something better. But the price is perfect for the conditions, and I'm glad to take it.

No comments: