Sunday, December 29, 2013

Thanks #16: The Short Family

I post some thanks about Ryan, my college roommate and fellow coach, at least once a year but when you're fortunate enough to have someone like him in your life, there's no limit on thankfulness. This year we not only won the sophomore tournament for the second straight year, but he graciously allowed me to transfer to the varsity team as an assistant for the good of the program. It's easy to go on about his incredible memory, quick-wittedness, and deep-souled compassion for others above himself. This year I'd like to celebrate his wife Lori's friendship through the years. She's been easy to talk to, funny and service-minded since we met 20 years ago (before I met Ryan, actually). They're in the process of raising two bright, talented, well-mannered children Brendan and Andrew. And as Ryan's my brother Jack's best friend from college, and I've also spent time playing soccer with his sister Mary, we're more like family than with any other friends.

No comments: