Monday, March 10, 2014

2014 Goals Checkpoint

Two snowy months are in the books, so let's check in on progress toward 2014 goals, hm?

Exercise/Stretch 5+ Days a Week, Body Fat 12%

About the same, with some iffy progress. Definitely logged the time in the gym which is what really matters. I've stretched less, a poor trend. The scale told me that my weight's still right around 160. Good news: Purchased a body-fat analyzer. Bad news: It's over 12%. My excellent theory is that the meter is wrong. However, as I blogged earlier, now I have a baseline for comparison. I'll have to see how the device performs daily. Maybe right after I stretch.

Healthy Elbow, Eyes, Teeth

I'm removing "teeth" from the list, since it's as good as it's going to get, which is still quite good.

Eyes: Success! A new type of lens in my stigmatized left eye has cleared the blur. A new supply is on the way. Glasses are still looking and working good.

Elbow: Still dealing with tennis elbow in the right one so that I haven't shot a basketball or done an upper body workout pain-free since last summer. No progress to report, really, other than my recently-noted blog post about changing my typing habits.

Tutor 300 Hours

Work is pouring in and I can't say enough about how blessed the business has been. I am averaging easily more than 15 hours of tutoring per school week which is 450 over the course of a year. I've dabbled in remote (Skype) tutoring. My biggest challenge is fitting them all in during basketball season!

Blog Thanks Weekly

Not every week, but I did better this month than last. Actually I have notes from last week that simply haven't been typed up. Considering all the tutoring and volunteering I've got going on, I'm cutting myself some slack on this one.

Make 10 New Acquaintances

Made a big decision here to shift my volunteer focus away from major long-term commitments (including chair of LMC Alumni Committee) and more on smaller independent projects. For example, I spoke with a friend from United Way and learned of a finance-based need that could be an excellent fit with my skills.

Clean House

I have begun to scrape the basement wall at home! The other two are still on my to-do list: A major project to repair driveway/carports will improve our property greatly, and my wardrobe and files need an overhaul.

No comments: