Monday, March 31, 2014

2014 Goals Checkpoint

One memorable quarter of the year has passed!

Exercise/Stretch 5+ Days a Week, Body Fat 12%

Need to pick this up. Stretching was limited, and I didn't consult the fat-o-meter. My weight is holding steady and I got all my exercise in.

Healthy Elbow, Eyes, Teeth

The elbow is all that's left: I have set up a more ergonomically correct work station; paying more attention to my posture; typing much more with my left hand so as to relieve my right. I also switched from weekly physical therapy to massage, which seems to do a more thorough job of addressing all the affected muscles. Some activities that used to cause near-flinching, like opening Tupperware and shaking hands, have been more doable.

Tutor 300 Hours

I am above 150 hours by the end of March! 26 students by my count. I predict that by the next report I will be over 30, and therefore, working more hours per week (when you include Heartland) than I was at State Farm. With pleasure! I've got a great boss.

Blog Thanks Weekly

I did two this month. Next month I'll do better.

Make 10 New Acquaintances

I haven't yet started to reach out on this. Someone did suggest that I consider being a chaplain for a nursing home, which was a flattering possibility.

Clean House

We consulted a handyman who should be able to help us fix the basement wall. I have also volunteered to assist with our driveway/carport project. And thanks to a shopping trip I have a partial upgrade to my shirts, pants and sunglasses. More to come!

No comments: