Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Lost And Frowned

I got home from the library today and realized that I'd misplaced two of the top three possessions in my life: my day planner and my phone. It turns out that I'd left them somewhere randomly in the building, and fortunately some good citizen turned them in (not that they'd have gotten much further ahead in life by analyzing my tutoring schedule or calling random high school students). In the meantime, it was amazing how something as small as a couple lost items can fog one's mind from concentrating on much else. Cupcake must have thought I'd lost half my mind as I lurched to and from the car and the house, peering under things, twisting acrobatically to peek around car seats. If she had started speaking English I probably wouldn't have noticed with much more than a "Hi to you too, Cuppie, uh, you haven't seen my phone around here have you?"

The upside of these minor dramas is how uplifting it feels to resolve it. A burst of good feeling enough to rip off a few blog posts!

No comments: