Wednesday, April 30, 2014

2014 Goals Update

Exercise/Stretch 5+ Days a Week, Body Fat 14%

I finally gave in for the moment and changed this goal to match what the fat-o-meter is saying. I have to wonder if it's right, and ought to find a way to get this done more scientifically to get a true baseline. So changing 12% to 14% sets things in motion. Technically I had progress in the stretching goal, since I did it twice during the month. My weight is holding steady and I got all my exercise in, including several runs once the weather got nice.

Healthy Elbow, Eyes, Teeth

Elbow: My posture's gotten better especially at the tutoring table where I'm probably sitting upright 75% of the time now. I've been using the workstation often an rarely on the couch where I'd slouch. I have been texting a lot which is still taxing it. I have been re-thinking my teeth and whether or not to explore a root canal there while I still have dental insurance, so that I can chew on that right side without pain.

Tutor 300 Hours

I'm surprised to still be at 25 students for the semester rather than the 30 I'd predicted, but due to turnover my student list is more responsible with fewer cancellations so I am on target for my first ever 30+ hour week due to upcoming final exams resulting in multi-hour appointments. I am at 260+ hours for the semester with several weeks yet to go.

Blog Thanks Weekly

I did three this month, better than last month. Three out of four ain't bad, but four's better.

Make 10 New Acquaintances

The tutoring boom and applying for substitute teaching has kept the acquaintance-building mum. I'll keep my eyes open.

Clean House

Our light fixtures are all working, which wasn't officially on my list but still feels good, even though Dena did it. I need to keep the basement wall project moving. I can also reach out on the condo projects.

No comments: