Friday, April 25, 2014

Tutoring Letter Of Recommendation

I am applying for a substitute teaching position and as part of that, received some very kind words of recommendation from a student:

"I met Joe back in 2012 through my sister who was, at the time, being tutored by him in math. I had made the decision to change majors towards one more math related and as such was beginning to take calculus two over the summer. The condensed course was going too fast for me to keep up with so I decided on getting a tutor. Joe and I contacted each other and set up a schedule for meeting once a week to go over class material. Immediately, I began to see results in both my speed at accomplishing homework, and my abilities to answer in class questions effectively. Joe explained every piece of math in a fast and easily understandable way and I can honestly say I learned more with him in one hour a week than I did in class for eight. Working with him that summer I went from being afraid of having to retake the class to nearly getting an A by the end of it.


                  Since my summer class with Joe I have seen him for help in nearly every type of math possible. In total I have taken calculus three, linear algebra, financial mathematics, probability, and an actuarial modeling course. He has been able to help me with every class I have some type of problem in without any difficulty on his part. Joe explains his methodology for solving a problem from the beginning to the end and if he ever notices that I start to get lost he comes up with another way to explain what is happening. He never gets frustrated or loses his temper and I have yet to see a problem he could not solve. Overall Joe is just an excellent teacher who truly cares about making his students succeed and has the skill set to make that happen."

No comments: