Friday, January 30, 2015

January Thanks Part 1

I've been slow to type up the last few weeks' worth of thankfulness notes.

I got to attend a winning basketball game for the NCHS boys basketball team. The game was at the Bloomington High School gym. This is a great place to play, with a highly energized band and rocking acoustics. I'm glad that we get to play (and win) in places like this.

When I came out of auditions for Dirty Rotten Scoundrels, I felt like God would either give me the role or a sizable lesson in humility. I got the lesson. Frankly, I need more of these.

Sam's Club is a terrific family-wealth-preserving institution. As part of my new year's resolutions I've been making weekly trips out there, driving down the food and other budgets.

Speaking of humility, this week the pastor of Epiphany has been requesting that he be called the more informal "Father Eric" instead of "Monsignor" as per tradition. It's another step in the increasing relevance of the church.

As I continue to get used to our new mattress, I was pleased to get 5 straight hours of sleep. A trend worth continuing!

Even in a reduced role, I'm fortunate that the ever-working Alan Wilson and assistant director Aimee Kerber thought that I could fit it, especially considering my absence of French and having not studied the part prior to auditions.


No comments: