Friday, January 30, 2015

January Thanks Part 2: DRS

As the Dirty Rotten Scoundrels audition neared, it was a chance to reflect on the good fortune over the five months of preparation.

Of course, I'm thankful to be retired and so to have time to dedicate hundreds of hours to the cause.

Wendi Fleming, my beloved theatre "agent," pointed my mind in this direction a half-year ago.

I was able to find a script copy online, which is unusual. I also found several YouTube clips featuring the musical and individual songs.

Michael Schneider offered an audition package that not only provided music but also some wise coaching on my presentation that brought it to a new level.

Neither my first nor second choice of audition music was discoverable online. The "third" choice may have been the best of all. Despite its less ambitious nature, it was right in my vocal wheelhouse.

Meanwhile, playing in the band helped keep my vocal chords trained.

Naturally Dena's support, including to pound out keys for me on the callback music was a rock on which all of this journey rested.

Whatever acting, dancing and musical abilities I have came from the eternal fountain of ability that is Mom and Dad.

God's gift of perfect health in cold and flu season was a capper on the experience!

No comments: