Saturday, September 1, 2007

The Best Post on the Internet

This thought ran through my head today:

"Good leadership, exhausted, gives way to slogans."

I often see advertising for companies with slogans so fantastic that the logical center of my brain starts to throb.

"Serving the best apple pie on the planet!" How did you manage to get hold of everyone? It's hard enough trying to get people to reply to voice mails, let alone making the plane trip from the peskier areas like Sudan.

"The leader in automotive services!" Does leader mean that you service the most cars, make the most money, have the highest customer satisfaction (if so, see "pie" above)? Does automotive services include scraping bug goo off the windshield (if so, I'm on my way).

Captains of industry, please help me out here. Give me something that's easy to trust. Maybe "Try our home made apple pie!" or "Servicing more cars than anyone in the county!" You guys are the ones making the big bucks. Invite me in for a focus group. After all, if I can build the best blog in the universe, I can certainly help build your market share.

No comments: