Monday, December 3, 2007

Sick of Me

The airwaves have been quiet for the last week, but my body has been active!

1. I caught a cold the day after my last post, that's on the decline except for a sporadic cough.
2. I caught two viruses in my left eye... one was conjunctivitis (pink eye), and one called irisitis which is a swelling of the iris that results in high sensitivity to light and touch.

Fortunately, my illness didn't cause me to miss the Jingle Bell Run, thanks to the season's first powerful winter storm that sheeted our condo's driveway so completely with ice that my 90-year old neighbor needed me to park his car for him.

So I've been bonding with Zicam, Sudafed, cough drops, my bed, and a humidifier for the past week. And I've got my "professor" look going at work these days, since the drops (containing a little bit of steroids!) for my eyes don't allow contacts so I've brought out the glasses. But I'm on the mend and will have tales to tell soon!

No comments: